- Lexaria is a biotechnology company pursuing the enhancement of the bioavailability of a diverse and broad range of active pharmaceutical ingredients (“APIs”)
- The company has developed the patented DehydraTECH(TM) drug delivery technology, which has been shown to deliver more API at a faster rate than controls
- Lexaria’s DehydraTECH pipeline includes DehydraTECH-CBD for the treatment of hypertension
- Through pre-clinical studies, DehydraTECH-CBD has been shown to decrease systolic blood pressure among hypertensive volunteers
- The company intends to file an Investigational New Drug (“IND”) application and has already received confirmation that the FDA agrees with its proposed abbreviated pathway under section 501(b)(2)
Oral delivery remains the preferred route of administering drugs among cooperating and conscious patients. But some drugs do not have the desired physicochemical and pharmacokinetic characteristics that favor oral administration, an issue that is linked to poor bioavailability. This has often led to the use of other routes or prompted the administration of higher doses, with the latter causing toxicity concerns and risks tied to erratic and unpredictable responses. These challenges, coupled with the fact that more than 90% of therapeutic compounds are known to possess oral bioavailability limitations, have necessitated research that explores ways to enhance oral drug bioavailability (https://cnw.fm/5fM38).
The research has been spearheaded by scholars and scientists as well as companies such as Lexaria Bioscience (NASDAQ: LEXX), a global innovator in drug delivery platforms. A biotechnology company focusing its attention and resources on pursuing the enhancement of the bioavailability of a…
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to LEXX are available in the company’s newsroom at https://cnw.fm/LEXX
CBDWire (CBDW) is a specialized information provider focused on (1) reporting CBD-related news and updates, (2) releasing CBDNewsBreaks crafted to keep investors abreast of the latest and greatest in the CBD market, (3) refining and enhancing corporate press releases, (4) delivering end-to-end distribution and social media services to client-partners and (5) constructing effective corporate communication solutions based on the unique requirements of CBD companies. CBDW is exclusively positioned in the burgeoning CBD sector with a proven team of journalists and researchers working to deliver high quality content to an expansive target audience of investors, consumers and industry news outlets. Our dissemination network of over 5,000 downstream distribution points allows us to deliver unparalleled reach, visibility and recognition to companies operating in both cannabidiol and the wider cannabis space. CBDWire (CBDW) is where CBD news, content and information converge.
To receive instant SMS alerts, text CBDWire to 21000 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information please visit https://www.CBDWire.com
Do you have questions or are you interested in working with CNW? Ask Our Editor
CBDWire is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork.