Poll Reveals 60% of DC Voters Support Psychedelic Ballot Initiative

September 8, 2020 15:37:04

A new survey has revealed that every three in five voters residing in Washington, D.C. are in favor of a proposal to decriminalize a large range of psychedelics.

Since the last poll that was carried out in April, the results from the most recent poll show that support for the initiative rose significantly by 9% as more and more individuals learned about the measure.

Of the total number of respondents, 60% stated that they’d vote for the Initiative 81, which seeks to decriminalize entheogenic substances like ayahuasca and psilocybin mushrooms. The remaining 40% was split between those who voted no, making up 24% and the remainder 17% were undecided.

The chief petitioner of Initiative 18, Melissa Lavasani, stated in a press release that the polling numbers showed the undeniable support to make certain that the residents of DC who use fungi and plant medicines to treat anxiety, PTSD, depression and other conditions would not be law enforcement targets. She added that from the poll data, it was clear that the residents of DC were ready to reform the outdated laws that governed the use of entheogenic substances.

According to a research poll that was conducted by FM3 Research, the awareness about measures for reform for drug policy had tripled between May and August. This was based on the results that 620 likely voters from DC gave between August 16 and 24.

Furthermore, after residents were provided with more information concerning the proposal in the survey, support for the initiative grew with 64% of the respondents stating that they favored the measure after listening to a thorough and balanced exchange of pro and con arguments.

FM3 Research stated that on a general scale, the poll data showed that the initiative had gained massive support in the past few months, which only grew as more advocates for reform organized campaigns and the masses became more frustrated with the disproportionate War on Drugs that popularly targeted the black residents of DC.

Decriminalize Nature D.C., advocates for Initiative 81, submitted 35,000 signatures from registered voters to qualify the initiative, despite needing only 24,835 valid signatures, in July of this year after an intense petitioning process.

In August, the Board of Elections of DC formally announced that the reform measure for psychedelics had qualified for the November ballot. This qualification is progress made in the growing psychedelics reform movement in America.

Analysts say that psychedelics companies like Pure Extract Technologies Inc. if all this current support doesn’t translate into a sweeping victory come November.

About PsychedelicNewsWire

PsychedelicNewsWire (PNW) is a specialized content distribution company that (1) aggregates and distributes news and information on the latest developments in all aspects and advances of psychedelics and their use, (2) creates PsychedelicNewsBreaks designed to quickly update investors on important industry news, (3) leverages a team of expert editors to enhance press releases for maximum impact, (4) assists companies with the management and optimization of social media across a range of platforms, and (5) delivers unparalleled corporate communication solutions. PNW stays abreast of the latest information and has established a reputation as the go to source for coverage of psychedelics, therapeutics and emerging market opportunities. Our team of seasoned journalists has a proven track record of helping both public and private companies gain traction with a wide audience of investors, consumers, media outlets and the general public by leveraging our expansive dissemination network of more than 5,000 key syndication outlets. PNW is committed to delivering improved visibility and brand recognition to companies operating in the emerging markets of psychedelics.

To receive instant SMS alerts, text “Groovy” to 21000 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)

For more information please visit https://www.PsychedelicNewsWire.com

Please see full terms of use and disclaimers on the PsychedelicNewsWire website applicable to all content provided by PNW, wherever published or re-published: https://www.PsychedelicNewsWire.com/Disclaimer

Do you have questions or are you interested in working with PNW? Ask our Editor

PsychedelicNewsWire (PNW)
San Francisco, California
415.949.5050 Office

PsychedelicNewsWire is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork.