Last week, Grow Up Conference and Expo celebrated the best in cannabis cultivation, science and manufacturing at the first ever Grow Up Awards Gala, held at the Greg Frewin Theatre in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
“Last night was a true testament to the tireless work of the people who have helped push our industry forward,” said Randy Rowe, president of Grow Up. “The Grow Up Awards Gala shone a light on the great work happening in the cannabis industry in Canada and around the world.”
Organizers also announced the first inductee into the Grower Hall of Fame — Ed Rosenthal, the “Guru of Ganja” at the gala. Rosenthal was recognized for his decades of work as a teacher and mentor in cannabis cultivation. His book The Marijuana Growers Handbook is referred to as the industry bible.
In addition, Agnes Kwasniewska of HEXO won the highly prestigious Master Grower of the Year award. Kwasniewska is one of three female master growers in the world.
The winners of the 2019 Inaugural Grow Up Awards Gala are:
- Best Growing Media – Grodan
- Best Trimming Equipment – Twister Trimmer
- Cannabis Consultant – PipeDreemz Inc.
- Craft Grower of the Year – 7ACRES
- Cultivation Education Award – NACPT Pharma College
- Engineering Service – Laporte Consultant
- Environmental Impact Award – Namaste.com Recycle Program by Zenabis
- Extraction Equipment – Vitalis & Thar Process
- Extraction Facility – MediPharm Labs
- Fertigation System/Nutrient Doser – Argus
- Filtration System – High Purity Water Services Inc.
- Greenhouse Designer – CannaPro/George Dickinson
- Grow-at-Home Package – BC Northern Lights
- Grower Hall of Fame Inductee – Ed Rosenthal
- Hemp Product Company of the Year – The Great Canadian Hemp Company
- HVAC System – Agronomic IQ
- Hydroponic System – Hawthorne Gardening Co
- Innovative Product of the Year – Medxtractor Corp
- International Cultivator – Arjan Roskam
- Lab/Testing Facility – Valens Labs
- Lighting System – Heliospectra
- Master Grower of the Year – Agnes Kwasniewska, HEXO
- Nutrients Product – BlueSky Organics
- Outstanding Research – Dr. Zeid Mohamedali
- Packaging Equipment – Paxiom Group
- Pest Control – Natural Insect Control
- Plant Propagation/Breeding – Steadystem
- Retailer – Prairie Records
- Security Service – 3|Sixty Secure Corp
- Seedbank – BC Bud Depot
- Supplier/Distributor – Detonate Cannabis Agency
- Testing/Laboratory Equipment – Thermo Fisher Scientific
Celebrating growers and suppliers, Grow Up Conference and Expo centers on the education, collaboration and growth in the cannabis industry. The three-day event ran at the Scotiabank Convention Centre in downtown Niagara Falls from September 12 to 14, 2019, featuring over 160 speakers. This full-spectrum B2B cannabis event connected thousands of cannabis companies with a complete view of the industry.
For more information, contact: